Minecraft Education Edition
CoreBTS - 1st Floor Conference Room
1393 Veterans Memorial Highway
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Get Ready to Learn New Valuable Skills
Minecraft: Education Edition is an open world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination. During this 1-day, in-person Teacher Academy, you will receive an overview of Minecraft: Education Edition, learn to play the game, and create curriculum and classroom resources you can take back to your classroom and continue your journey.
Ensure you bring a Windows 10 device or Mac OSX for this BYOD hands on workshop.
- Learn about Minecraft: Education Edition, its place in learning, and unique features suited for teaching & learning with immersive games.
- Become a Minecraft player. Learn the controls, crafting, and game features necessary to gain confidence and lower anxiety about game-based learning.
- Learn strategies, tips, and tricks to integrate Minecraft into your classroom. Learn what’s worked for educators successfully teaching with Minecraft, along with resources you can bring back to your own classroom.
- Take a learner’s role, and walk through a learning experience featuring Minecraft. Then, move through examples traversing grade span and subject area, demonstrating the global applicability of Minecraft in schools.
- 8:30 Registration
- 9:00 Introductions
- Introduction to Minecraft: Education Edition
- Get to Know Minecraft
- Learn to Play Minecraft
- First Weeks with Minecraft
- Minecraft Across the Curriculum
- 3:15 Resources and Next Steps