ISTE Certification for Educators
Online , NY 11111
$699 Includes introductory class, On-line class and portfolio support.
Focused on Pedagogy. Based on the ISTE Standards.
ISTE is focused on pedagogy, not tools. It’s not about edtech per se, it’s about what you do with the tech to transform learning and improve student outcomes.
For Classroom Educators, Coaches and Library Media Specialists
ISTE Certification helps build a teacher’s professional profile and provides a digital credential to demonstrate mastery and earn recognition for his or her work in using technology to transform learning.
For School & District Leaders
ISTE Certification provides education leaders with a way to identify a school or district’s educators who are leading the way with digital age teaching practices. The certification also provides a vendor-neutral edtech credential that can be used in staff hiring decisions.
Through the ISTE Certification process, educators will participate in an eight week blended learning cohort based on the ISTE Standards and transformative pedagogy. After completing the blended learning course, participants will have six months to apply their learning and compile artifacts and reflections into a competency-based portfolio to earn ISTE Certification. Content will be taught in the following four modules: Designing For Diversity; Personalized Learning & Alternative Assessments; Digital Learning Environments: Design Thinking & Computational Thinking; and The New Digital Citizenship.
Steps to becoming an ISTE Certified Educator
- Attend two-day workshop/virtual training session
- Complete an 8 week online course
- Prepare and submit an e-portfolio to ISTE for review (6 months to complete) – the educator will be provided access to a certification portal where participants can get feedback from their cohort while preparing their portfolio of artifacts and reflections.
- Once submitted, ISTE Certification Evaluators will review the artifacts. Those who successfully meet the certification will become ISTE Certified.
Prework: March 30-April 7,2021.
Virtual Session 1: April 7,2021 4:30-6:30
- Asynchronous work April 8- April 21
Virtual Session 2: April 21, 2021 4:30-6:30
- Asynchronous work April 22- May 5
Virtual Session 3: May 5, 2021 4:30-6:30
- Asynchronous work May 6 - May 19
Virtual Session 4: May 19, 2021 4:30-6:30
- Asynchronous work May 20 – June 2
Virtual Session 5: June 2, 2021 4:30-6:30
Portfolio Due: December 15, 2021