Apple Education Trainer Program (2 Day)
Monroe 1 BOCES
15 Linden Park
Rochester, NY 14625
$525 Per Attendee
includes lunch both days, all materials, Apple Trainer Certification and Badge
About the Certification
The Apple Education Trainer program authorizes select K-12 service centers to deliver select Apple Professional Learning Specialist content to their customers. Once authorized, Apple Education Trainers can help educators curate, create, and publish digital learning materials with Apple products. During the two consecutive day event, you’ll experience how to:
• Make the most effective use of iPad or Mac as a tool for learning and teaching.
• Make learning and assessment more engaging by creating nonlinear interactive learning activities that foster critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity.
• Explore the iBooks Store, iTunes Store, Mac App Store, and App Store, and learn how to select valuable resources appropriate to instructional needs, based on a quality rubric.
• Personalize, manage, and share learning by creating custom iTunes U courses.
Intended Audience and Prerequisites
There are two prerequisites for participation in the Apple Education Trainer program. Applicants must:
• MUST Provide proof of your recognition as an Apple Teacher in either iPad or Mac. Take a screen capture of your Apple Teacher Profile page showing that you’ve successfully completed all eight badges. Screenshot must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the training
• Be responsible for training educators in the use of Apple tools in their organization.
Day One: Learning and Teaching
- Learning Beliefs: Personalized Learning
- Education vs. Learning: Visualizing the Process
- Conditions of Successful Learning: What makes great learning?
- Instructional Design - what works best for you?
- Apple Culture of Learning
- AET Standards of Behavior
- iTunes U for Personalized Learning
- Sharing, Reflection, and Preparation for Day Two
Day Two: Professional Learning
- AET Agreement
- Best Practices in Adult Learning
- AET Sharing and Critical Friends Feedback
- iBooks Author for Personalized Learning
- Next Steps: Sharing, Reflection, Becoming an AET